Job ID: POS-4375
Job Title: Technical Architect – Guidewire
Primary Skill: Guidewire
Experience: 12+ years
Are you someone with an ability to take a leadership role in solving problem and working with a team to resolve technical complexities as well as provide confidence to our customers on the solutions and our ability to deliver projects ensuring high quality, innovation and functional design? We have an exciting opportunity…read on!
ValueMomentum is seeking a Technical Architect with a strong background in designing and implementing business solutions that meet the functional, technical and performance requirements to join our growing CoreLeverage team. You have deep insights into the software development lifecycle with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and ready to take on new challenges. You will lead and mentor a team of talented software developers to build world class applications and systems by providing guidance to the team from Guidewire Architecture perspective.
You have strong understanding of complex software architecture to help your team with providing design input and architecture reviews. You will lead the development of proof-of-concept for the business problems. You will work closely with the customer architects & SMEs to ensure alignment of solutions with the business and IT strategies. Communicate regularly on solutions, expectations, estimates, priorities, status and impacts.
You will ensure team adopts the best practices from the perspective of architectural artifacts, interface, tools, etc. You will communicate regularly on the solutions and status to all levels of business and management.
Know your team:
The CoreLeverage Services Team at ValueMomentum boosts the bottom line with unmatched productivity and ROI by leveraging cutting-edge core technologies. ValueMomentum offers comprehensive services to transform, run and upgrade core systems with speed, efficiency, reliability, and value for money. The team supports insurers with complex transformations by leveraging the capital invested in core systems. Our CoreLeverage services include product model and rating strategy, integration, and underwriting approach to implementing the core changes and actualizing the ROI goals.
As a Technical Architect – Guidewire, your day-to-day work activities will be as follows:
- To lead and drive a team of developers in a fast-paced environment while solving difficult business problems.
- Prepare and enhance design documents that would be needed to support product configuration – Field mapping, Data definition, rules definition and so on
- Be responsible for leading the solutioning efforts by developing and presenting POCs
- Configure, build & develop Guidewire components using GOSU, Wizards, PCF, Data Model, Workflow, Activities, Product Designer, etc.
- Identify value additions that can be built as configuration components and reused on multiple projects, in order to gain efficiency / productivity
- Coordinate with business users, business analysts, and team members to understand the business requirements and configure complex business rules and workflows.
- Trouble shoot & resolve technical issues, provide solutions & workarounds to critical requirements
- Lead, mentor & coordinate with the offshore team.
- Oversee and contribute to daily communication / reports between onsite and offshore
- Oversee daily task allocation, monitoring and status reporting to the client & project leadership
The incumbent must have :–
- Have an overall work experience ranging between 12-15 years, with at least 5 years of Guidewire PolicyCenter, BillingCenter or ClaimCenter implementation experience, solution design, configuration, extension, customization and post live support experience.
- Have a ‘differentiator’ mindset – a practitioner who contributes to asset creation and build the competency / team
- Have a deep insight into the SDLC and strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of application development projects involving the implementation of complex business rules
- Have proven technical experience in requirement analysis, detailed designs and implementation activities required to ensure the development, integration and long-term maintenance of applications.
- Expertise in configuration and development of various areas of Guidewire – Transactions, Job configuration, Experience in implementing multiple LOBs, Forms Management, Administration, Account Management, Contacts and so on.
- Configure, build & develop Guidewire components using GOSU, Wizards, PCF, Data Model, Workflow, Activities, Product Designer etc.
- Have previous experience with using XML, GUnit, Jenkins / GIT /TFS etc., any code coverage or code scanning tools like SonarQube
- Have previous experience in using app servers like IBM WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, TomCat etc.
- Have previous experience in using DB Servers like SQL, Oracle or DB2
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Guidewire Certification preferred
Desired Skill Set:
Candidates with these extra skills on their resumes have an added advantage while their profile is being assessed. Some of them are as follows:
- Good to have Guidewire certification on Integration track
- Awareness on Cloud Implementation is beneficial
- Experience working in Agile preferred
About the Company:
Headquartered in New Jersey, US, ValueMomentum is one of the fastest growing software & solutions firm focused in the Insurance, Healthcare and Financial Services domain. Our industry focus, expertise in technology backed by R&D and our customer-first approach uniquely position us to deliver the value we promise and drive momentum to our customers’ initiatives. ValueMomentum is amongst the top 10 insurance-focused IT services firms in North America in terms of number of customers. Leading insurers, banks and healthcare firms trust ValueMomentum with their core transformation and digital transformation initiatives.
We at ValueMomentum offer you the opportunity to grow by working alongside the experts. Some benefits that are available to you are:
- Competitive compensation package comparable to the best in the industry.
- Career Advancement: Individual Career Development, coaching and mentoring programs for professional and leadership skill development.
- Comprehensive training and certification programs.
- Performance Management: Goal Setting, continuous feedback and year-end appraisal. Reward & recognition for the extraordinary performers.
- Benefits: Comprehensive health benefits, wellness and fitness programs. Paid time off and holidays.
- Culture: A highly transparent organization with an open-door policy and a vibrant culture