Job ID: POS-2908
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer – .NET
Primary Skill: C#, Dotnet Core MVC, Web API, Angular JS /React JS and Azure
Experience: 4-7 years
A Senior Software Engineer (SSE) for BizDynamics will contribute to Custom App development as well as Product based solution implementations primarily by custom developing or configuring the required functionality leveraging product and platform components. The product and platform components include but not limited to:
- Accelerated UI builder called Experience Studio that is primarily used to configure application screens
- BizDynamics platform
In addition to performing configuration and customization tasks using the mentioned components, Sr. Software Engineer in SMB LOB will also contribute towards integration of applications with other third party systems and applications.
Apart from coding and technical skills, Software Engineer will leverage understanding of business, creative thinking and solution-oriented mindset to perform the required tasks.
Sr. Software Engineer will engage with Business Analysts, Quality Analysts and rest of the Development team members to perform day to day activities. Sr. Software Engineer will also mentor and guide the junior members of the team and help them accomplish their tasks as and when needed. Apart from the project team that they belong to, Sr. Software Engineer will also closely work with BizDynamics Product Engineering teams.
Know your team:
BizDynamics is a cloud unit of ValueMomentum Inc. that delivers cloud-based solutions to customers in P&C domain that includes Insurance carriers, MGAs, Program Administrators, etc. BizDynamics Professional Services group drives project delivery for a wide range of customers like implementation of solutions leveraging ValueMomentum’s Product and Platform offerings, modern commercial off the shelf products/platforms, as well as custom built solutions and services. The project teams in this unit work closely with multiple internal teams including Product Engineering teams to deliver solutions as per ValueMomentum’s standards.
As a Senior Software Engineer – .NET, your day-to-day work activities will be as follows:
- Gain in-depth understanding of Foundry tools and components in terms of capabilities, functionalities and constraints.
- Get high-level understanding of the solution and integration points with Foundry tools\components.
- In-depth understanding of technologies which are used for implementation.
- Take ownership of tasks and mentor junior developers, on-need basis.
- Have high-level understanding of P&C processes and ERC/LOB understanding (not to depend on BA for every detail)
- In-depth understanding of project implementation processes (deployments, required artifacts, acceptance criteria, control over scope, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of how various product components orchestrate in the Product. Understand various integration patterns involved.
- Complete awareness and understanding of Product Implementation standards and best practices.
- Good troubleshooting skills with overall understanding of typical issues that occur while implementing products.
- Assess and determine what should be implemented as an API vs configuration or custom code in Exp. Studio.
- Creative and Analytical skills – suggest optimal screen/workflow; Assess the impact of customer needs; Assess business priorities and accordingly prioritize customer needs etc.
- Estimate for technical tasks considering all the activities involved and associated risks/challenges.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Collaborate with product team for implementing new features or understanding existing product features.
- Understand and consume Product upgrades.
- Ability to handle multi-tasks effectively.
- Engage with the Business Analyst to get a comprehensive understanding of overall solution and work closely with internal stakeholders like Product engineering and LOB Market Solutions teams, to ensure the development is in line with the requirements and scope
- Gain understanding of P&C Domain and Business Processes involved based on implementation experiences.
- Unit test the configurations done thoroughly and comprehensively.
Candidates are required to have these mandatory skills:
- 3-5 years of technical experience with at least 2 years as developer in product implementations
- Good understanding and expertise in Angular JS & Bootstrap.
- Strong technical expertise and work experience in .Net & C#
- Detail-oriented and motivated to deliver high quality work.
- A strong analytical and logical focus to problem solving.
- Flexibility to adjust work timings and willingness to achieve stretched targets, when required.
- Ability to think creatively on usability and look & feel aspects of the application.
- Ability to understand and assess the impact of a configuration or change request on existing application and functionality.
- Ability to assess the efforts involved in completing a task while considering all the dependencies and constraints.
- Strong penchant for quality.
- Highly motivated and should be at ease with reaching out and communicating with rest of the team members.
Candidates with these extra skills on their resumes have an added advantage:
- Good understanding in WebAPI, REST and HTTP protocols.
- Understanding of RAM, Disk, CPU in context of program execution. Knowledge on how web application is rendered and executed.
- Exposure to Azure Technologies would be added advantage.
- Strong database – SQL Server 2012 skills.
- Good experience in creating high level and low-level design specification for application, web services and databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Need to be excellent team player.
- Familiarity with Agile development process
About the Company:
Headquartered in New Jersey, US, ValueMomentum is the largest standalone provider of IT Services and Solutions to Insurers and Financial Services firms. Our industry focus, expertise in technology backed by R&D, and our customer-first approach uniquely position us to deliver the value we promise and drive momentum to our customers’ initiatives. ValueMomentum is amongst the top 10 insurance-focused IT services firms in North America by number of customers. Leading Insurance and Financial Services firms trust ValueMomentum with their Digital, Data, Core, and IT Transformation initiatives.
We at ValueMomentum offer you a congenial environment to work and grow in the company of experienced professionals. Some benefits that are available to you are:
- Competitive compensation package comparable to the best in the industry.
- Career Advancement: Individual Career Development, coaching and mentoring programs for professional and leadership skill development.
- Comprehensive training and certification programs.
- Performance Management: Goal Setting, continuous feedback and year-end appraisal. Reward & recognition for the extraordinary performers.
- Benefits: Comprehensive health benefits, wellness and fitness programs. Paid time off and holidays.
- Culture: A highly transparent organization with an open-door policy and a vibrant culture
Interested candidates who fulfill requirements can apply for the role with their updated CVs here. Candidates are requested to be aware of the Fraudulent Job Scams under our name.