Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Primary Skill: Mainframe, CICS.
Location: Hyderabad / Pune / Coimbatore
Experience: 5-9 years
Are you looking forward to leading a team of software developers and taking on the challenge of solving complex business problems? If so, here is the chance. With your in-depth technical knowledge and expertise, you are regarded as a problem-solver, as you produce, test and debug codes. You guide engineers and developers in following the software development best practices. Join our team and lead the way to change!
Know your team:
The CoreLeverage Services Team at ValueMomentum boosts the bottom line with unmatched productivity and ROI by leveraging cutting-edge core technologies. ValueMomentum offers comprehensive services to transform, run and upgrade core systems with speed, efficiency, reliability, and value for money. The team supports insurers with complex transformations by leveraging the capital invested in core systems. Our CoreLeverage services include product model and rating strategy, integration, and underwriting approach to implementing the core changes and actualizing the ROI goals.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you are responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Serve as a technical lead contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members
- Provides system analysis, design, development, implementation, and Unit testing of applications Determine root cause for the most complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions
- Translates technical specifications and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects
- Assist in task planning, estimation, scheduling
- Mentor Software Engineers and help them enhance they’re for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities
- Determine process improvements, best practices, and develop new processes
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management
- Develop COBOL code that reuses subroutines or objects, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain.
- Assists in integration, production support, systems, acceptance, and other related testing as needed.
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in COBOL Mainframe development
- Experience in COBOL, CICS, JCL/PROC, MQ Series
- Experience in Database (VSAM, DB2)
- Experience in Tools & Applications(SPUFI, ENDEAVOR, FILE AID, JCL,CA-JOBTRAC, CA-SARJCL, QMF
- Write COBOL programs, ad hoc queries, and reports.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues and ensure methodology compliance.
- Perform unit testing and writes appropriate unit test plans to ensure requirements are satisfied.
Candidates having these extra skills on their resumes are an added advantage while assessing the profile. Some of them are as follows:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Team player
- Experience in working in Onsite-Offshore model
About the Company:
ValueMomentum is amongst the fastest growing insurance-focused IT services providers in North America. Leading insurers trust ValueMomentum with their core, digital and data transformation initiatives. With a consistent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24%, we have now grown to over 4000 employees. ValueMomentum is committed to integrity and to ensuring that each team and employee is successful. We foster an open work culture where employees’ opinions are valued. We believe in teamwork and cultivate a sense of fun, fellowship, and pride among our employees.
We at ValueMomentum offer you the opportunity to grow by working alongside the experts. Some of the benefits you can avail are:
- Career Advancement Guidance: Individual Career Development, coaching and mentoring programs for professional and leadership skill development in a global and diverse work environment.
- Training (functional & technical), mentorship, valuable professional qualification, and certifications
- Performance Management: Goal Setting, continuous feedback, and year-end appraisal. Reward & recognition for the extraordinary performers.
- Comprehensive health & wellness benefits. Paid time off and holidays.