Job ID: POS-6301, POS-6303
Job Title: Hadoop Tester
Primary Skill: ETL Testing, Hive, SQL
Experience: 5 – 7 years
Are you passionate about delivering quality software product through in-depth testing of software codes and products?
We are looking for a Hadoop Testing Engineer who will be responsible for testing products or systems to ensure it functions properly and meets the business needs. Your job responsibilities include testing all aspects of the product/system such as functions/components, system, performance, regression, and service. This position requires sharp analytical skills, an eye for detail, excellent scripting/ programming knowledge, and finally a passion to excel in the field of software testing. This is the perfect position to learn how to move to the next stage of your career.
Know your team:
ValueMomentum’s Quality Leap group combines next-gen technologies and industry-wide best practices on quality engineering towards excelling in the delivery and transformation outcomes for our clients. The team leverages business processes, advanced automation, and cognitive technologies to support core platform and digital testing services. Key offerings include Advisory services, Cloud transformation services, Cognitive automation, Data transformation & Management, Digital testing, Core Platform Transformations, Performance Engineering, Omnichannel & IVR testing.
- Testing & Validation: Design, develop, and execute test plans and test cases for our Hadoop data ingestion pipelines.
- Data Integrity: Ensure the completeness, correctness, and timeliness of data ingested into Hadoop. Validate source to target data mapping and transformations.
- Performance Testing: Evaluate the performance and scalability of our data ingestion processes and recommend improvements.
- Collaboration: Work closely with data engineers, data scientists, and other stakeholders to understand the data requirements and provide feedback on data quality issues.
- Debugging: Troubleshoot and identify root causes of any data discrepancies or failures in the data ingestion process.
- Documentation: Maintain thorough documentation of testing processes, results, and recommendations.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring the quality and reliability of data pipelines and will play a crucial role in our data-driven decision-making processes.
Candidates are required to have these mandatory skills:
- 5+ years of experience in ETL testing with a focus on Hadoop-based systems.
- Familiarity with Hadoop ecosystem tools like HDFS, Hive, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Proven experience with data validation, reconciliation, and performance testing tools.
- Seasoned tester with a strong background in Hadoop data ingestion and ETL testing.
- Knowledge of SQL and querying large datasets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the Company:
ValueMomentum is amongst the fastest growing insurance-focused IT services providers in North America. Leading insurers trust ValueMomentum with their core, digital and data transformation initiatives. With a consistent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24%, we have now grown to over 4000 employees. ValueMomentum is committed to integrity and to ensuring that each team and employee is successful. We foster an open work culture where employees’ opinions are valued. We believe in teamwork and cultivate a sense of fun, fellowship, and pride among our employees.
We at ValueMomentum offer you a congenial environment to work and grow in the company of experienced professionals. Some benefits that are available to you are:
- Career Advancement: Individual Career Development, coaching and mentoring programs for professional and leadership skill development.
- Comprehensive training and certification programs.
- Performance Management: Goal Setting, continuous feedback and year-end appraisal. Reward & recognition for the extraordinary performers.
- Benefits: Comprehensive health benefits, wellness and fitness programs. Paid time off and holidays.
- Culture: A highly transparent organization with an open-door policy and a vibrant culture
Interested candidates who fulfill requirement can apply for the role with your updated CVs here. Please be aware of the fraudulent job scams under our name.