Job ID: POS-5922,POS-5921
Job Title: Power BI Developer
Primary Skill: Advance SQL, Power BI, Datawarehouse, and DAX
Experience: 6 – 13 years
ValueMomentum is looking for a Power BI expert for its DataLeverage team with deep knowledge of SQL queries, Power Query, MDX, PowerBI, and DAX. In this role, you will be analysing data and present it through reports that can help in decision making. You will be responsible for converting business requirements into technical specifications and decide the timeline to accomplish tasks.
Know your team:
ValueMomentum’s DataLeverage (DL) team is trusted by leading insurance, financial services, and healthcare payers to empower businesses with real-time insights. The DL team is focussed on helping our customers modernize data infrastructure, create effective business intelligence capabilities and develop analytics models to generate business driven insights and outcomes. DL team provides a wide range of capabilities to our customers including advisory services, strategy consulting, data engineering, data management, data governance, BI and Analytics.
As a PowerBI Developer your day-to-day work activities will be as follows:
- Understand complex business requirements in the BI context and design data models to convert raw data to meaningful insights.
- Convert business requirements into technical specifications and decide the timeline to accomplish tasks.
- Create dashboards and visual interactive reports using Power BI.
- Identify KPIs with clear objectives and monitor them consistently.
- Analyse data and present it through reports that can help in decision making.
- Design, develop, and deploy Power BI scripts and perform efficient and detailed analysis.
- Mentor other BI teammates.
- Provide excellent end user support.
Candidates are required to have these mandatory skills in order to get their eligibility assessed. The must have requirements are:
- Proven experience in designing, developing, and maintaining reports in Power BI and Cognos.
- Knowledge of using Data Catalogs like Purview, Cognos Data Manager etc.
- Experience in tools and systems on MS SQL Server BI Stack, including SSRS and TSQL, Power Query, MDX, PowerBI, and DAX.
- Good to have knowledge on working with Cached Architecture (Qlik, Tableau cache data).
- Experience working with source code management tools such as GIT.
- Experience in the insurance (e.g., UW, Claim, Policy Issuance) or financial industry preferred.
- Experience delivering BI solutions within Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations.
Desired Skill Set:
Candidates having these extra skills on their resumes have an added advantage while getting their profile assessed.
- Exposure to Insurance domain
About the Company:
ValueMomentum is amongst the fastest growing insurance-focused IT services providers in North America. Leading insurers trust ValueMomentum with their core, digital and data transformation initiatives. Having grown consistently every year by 24%, we have now grown to over 4000 employees. ValueMomentum is committed to integrity and to ensuring that each team and employee is successful. We foster an open work culture where employees’ opinions are valued. We believe in teamwork and cultivate a sense of fun, fellowship, and pride among our employees.
We at ValueMomentum offer you the opportunity to grow by working alongside the experts. Some of the benefits you can avail are:
- Competitive compensation package comparable to the best in the industry.
- Career Advancement: Individual Career Development, coaching and mentoring programs for professional and leadership skill development.
- Comprehensive training and certification programs.
- Performance Management: Goal Setting, continuous feedback and year-end appraisal. Reward & recognition for the extraordinary performers.
- Benefits: Comprehensive health benefits, wellness and fitness programs. Paid time off and holidays.
- Culture: A highly transparent organization with an open-door policy and a vibrant culture.
Interested candidates who fulfill requirements can apply for the role with their updated CVs here. Candidates are requested to be aware of the fraudulent job scams under our name.